Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CIS Cover UP

By Law the Citizenship and Immigration Service has to adjudicate the Employment Authorization Document (EAD Card) within 90 days of filing. However in many instances they do not. When the Applicant calls the CIS, they simply make up reasons which are not plausible. Below is a list of excuses that CIS has given to my clients:

1. The case was closed because no one replied to an RFE. (Interestingly enough no one received an RFE, neither the attorney nor the Applicant) both of who has correct address in the CIS database. When we ask to reopen the case, the resulting RFE that is issued contains a laundry list of documents already submitted

2. Card returned as sent to wrong address. The Applicant does not have any problems receiving any other document or notices from the CIS and has not changed their address. Additionally the Attorney does not receive an approval notice either.

3. Officers are rude. I am copying something written to me by a client in an E mail when an USC had to call for the EAD card for her husband: "Immigrations is not fair, we pay, we file, we follow up, and when I called they weren't going to talk with me again, and then I said that is what I was told last time, but my attorney and case worker said no that I had a right to call as the petitioner, and she still refused to help me so I ask for her supervisor and she started saying real loud, if you raise your voice again I will hang up, I never raised my voice ever and ask her what she was talking about and then she hung up, after my being on hold and transferred for about an hour, she never gave me her badge number or name, and when I called back the other girl who did help me tried to find out who she was but couldn't. This is tiresome and they treat you like you have no rights."

There is no oversight of the USCIS. Immigrants denied the right to stay or work, are too scared to question. I suspect these officers do not want to work, and then the whole system works as a cover up.

Contact Houston Immigration Lawyer, Annie Banerjee for more details

No comments: